So it’s been a while since I blogged. And even longer since I really updated things. So, first, an update of the last 2 months or so, and, then, a promise to blog more regularly. (As Mary Poppins would say, that’s probably a pie crust promise: easily made, easily broken, but I’ll try.)
1. Molly lost her front tooth. I was hoping for a toothless look, but it looks like that one will come in before the next one falls out.
2. We updated our bathroom — paint, new mirrors, new faucets, new lights, new towels, fun decor.
3. JA ran for Mayor of Thomasville on a “Save the Squid” platform, and won a spot on the City Council.
4. JA accompanied me to New Orleans for a conference. We snuggled in bed and read, wandered the quarter, and ate beignets.
5. The girls were on a panel about kids and media at a regional librarians conference.
6. Molly’s eyelid had an unfortunate run in with Bill’s computer.
7. JA went to ACU’s homecoming musical of Les Miserables. She’s now obsessed. All the songs, all the time. She’d like to play Javert, if given the option.
8. We spent Fall Break in Fort Worth. We hung out with our friends the Flamings, celebrated Picasso’s birthday at the Kimbell, and hung out at the Botanic Gardens.
9. Halloween. Mary Poppins and Merida, of course.