Well, 37 has come and gone. I met some of my goals, didn’t come close to others, and made good progress on a few. My 37 list is below with things crossed off I completed and an * by the ones I made attempts at. The others, oh well.
I love lists. A lot. So I really enjoyed setting goals and trying to keep them. It was a fun challenge to motivate me to try some new things.
My favorite items were the bike ride in the Tetons (one of the highlights of my year) and, interestingly enough, the spending fast.
I’m working on a shorter, less ambitious list that I’ll share with you soon.
1. Cook 52 new recipes from pinterest or my new cookbooks
2. Institute some kind of sabbath in our family*
Go to Germany
Start a new holiday (Thanksgiving or Christmas) tradition
Read 24 books for pleasure
Run a 9k
Catch up on scrapbooking and start a new system in 2013
Read aloud to the girls nightly
Attend yoga regularly (once a week?)
10. Blog at least twice a week* – well, mostly!
Plant something that I can eat
12. Begin composting
13. Explore the Kerrville area
Bike in the Tetons
15. Commit to more regular date nights with B*
16. Write a journal article and submit it for publication
Host a conference at ACU –
18. Be intentional about being unplugged when the girls are home *
19. Experiment with natural laundry soap
Attempt some kind of spending fast for a month
Finish the Slow your Home boot camp
Pay off our Visa card
Cull books from the girls’ bookshelves
24. Master the bouldering wall at ACU
Take the girls to swim at ACU on the weekends
Organize and cull my recipes
Apply for a Cullen Grant
28. Reconnect with at least one old friend
Work on writing with Jane Anne and helping her feel more confident about it
30. Plan monthly excursions with the girls*
Begin planning for another study abroad semester
Develop a Rhetoric of Food course
Light candles at dinner more often, especially as the days get shorter
34. Take more family walks — at least once a week
Find some good crock pot meals for Mondays when the girls are at dance
36. Continue our family’s focus on geography that we started this summer (We did art instead)
37. Go on a “longish” hike in Yellowstone with the girls — maybe Mount Washburn (this was quite ambitious with Molls)