I’m in the last quarter of 37, so here’s an update of my list so far. I don’t think I’ll end up finishing/achieving them all, but it’s been a fun challenge.
1. Cook 52 new recipes from pinterest or my new cookbooks — 31 so far. Going to need to up my game this summer.
2. Institute some kind of sabbath in our family — we’ve fallen off the wagon this spring, but definitely a practice that needs to be reinstated.
Go to Germany — Amazing trip!
Start a new holiday (Thanksgiving or Christmas) tradition — I’m going to count the Thanksgiving wreath on this one
5. Read 24 books for pleasure — 19. Now that it’s summer, I can read all day long.
Run a 9k So fun! I got to run it with my friend Susie on a perfect Chicago fall day.
Catch up on scrapbooking and start a new system in 2013
8. Read aloud to the girls nightly — reading Secret Garden right now.
9. Attend yoga regularly (once a week?) — Bill even went with me last week!
10. Blog at least twice a week — well, mostly!
Plant something that I can eat — Blackberry bushes, rosemary.
12. Begin composting
13. Explore the Kerrville area — Spent an afternoon with Jozie on our way home from San Antonio.
14. Bike in the Tetons — leaving next week!!
15. Commit to more regular date nights with B — umm, better. Not great.
16. Write a journal article and submit it for publication
Host a conference at ACU —
18. Be intentional about being unplugged when the girls are home — getting a little better at it…
19. Experiment with natural laundry soap
Attempt some kind of spending fast for a month — February
Finish the Slow your Home boot camp
Pay off our Visa card
Cull books from the girls’ bookshelves (I ended up culling some shelves in my office, too. We donated one bag of books to Molly’s first grade classroom, and sold the rest at Half Price Books for $20!)
24. Master the bouldering wall at ACU
25. Take the girls to swim at ACU on the weekends — trying to go most Sunday afternoons
Organize and cull my recipes
Apply for a Cullen Grant
28. Reconnect with at least one old friend
Work on writing with Jane Anne and helping her feel more confident about it — this has been a huge focus in JA’s language arts class at school this year and she’s loving it! Gotta love when other people do this for you!
30. Plan monthly excursions with the girls — in September we went to the Abilene Zoo, and in November, San Antonio; February, Albuquerque
Begin planning for another study abroad semester — Fall 2014!!!
Develop a Rhetoric of Food course — teaching it this fall
33. Light candles at dinner more often, especially as the days get shorter — enjoying this on a regular basis
34. Take more family walks — at least once a week
35. Find some good crock pot meals for Mondays when the girls are at dance — Bill is teaching on Monday nights this semester, so Monday crockpot meals have been a lifesaver! I’m not a fan of us not all getting to eat together, but at least we’re eating healthy food.
36. Continue our family’s focus on geography that we started this summer
37. Go on a “longish” hike in Yellowstone with the girls — maybe Mount Washburn