Now that it’s 3 months past my birthday, I thought I would give you a quick update on how I’m doing so far. I also started a pinterest board to keep track of recipes and books that I’ve completed
1. Cook 52 new recipes from pinterest or my new cookbooks — so far, so good. I’m trying something new about once a week.
2. Institute some kind of sabbath in our family — a weekly rhythm of rest
3. Go to Germany — plane tickets bought!
4. Start a new holiday (Thanksgiving or Christmas) tradition
5. Read 24 books for pleasure — going well. It’s amazing how much more I read (especially during the school year) when I’m intentional about it.
Run a 9k So fun! I got to run it with my friend Susie on a perfect Chicago fall day.
7. Catch up on scrapbooking and start a new system in 2013
8. Read aloud to the girls nightly — I’ve been hit or miss with this one. We have finished two long chapter books
9. Attend yoga regularly (once a week?) — I’ve been going to a lunchtime class almost every week. Loving it.
10. Blog at least twice a week — yep!
11. Plant something that I can eat
12. Begin composting
13. Explore the Kerrville area — Spent an afternoon with Jozie on our way home from San Antonio. I hope to return soon.
14. Bike in the Tetons
15. Commit to more regular date nights with B — we’ve had one date night so far, not a great record.
16. Write a journal article and submit it for publication
17. Host a conference at ACU
18. Be intentional about being unplugged when the girls are home — oh my, why is this so hard?
19. Experiment with natural laundry soap
20. Attempt some kind of spending fast for a month
21. Finish the Slow your Home boot camp — I’ve completed 12/20 tasks.
22. Pay off our Visa card
Cull books from the girls’ bookshelves (I ended up culling some shelves in my office, too. We donated one bag of books to Molly’s first grade classroom, and sold the rest at Half Price Books for $20!)
24. Master the bouldering wall at ACU
25. Take the girls to swim at ACU on the weekends — we’ve gone 3 or 4 times, and they’ve been really fun.
Organize and cull my recipes
27. Apply for a Cullen Grant
28. Reconnect with at least one old friend
29. Work on writing with Jane Anne and helping her feel more confident about it — this has been a huge focus in JA’s language arts class at school this year and she’s loving it!
30. Plan monthly excursions with the girls — in September we went to the Abilene Zoo, and in November, San Antonio.
31. Begin planning for another study abroad semester
32. Develop a Rhetoric of Food course
33. Light candles at dinner more often, especially as the days get shorter
34. Take more family walks — at least once a week
35. Find some good crock pot meals for Mondays when the girls are at dance
36. Continue our family’s focus on geography that we started this summer
37. Go on a “longish” hike in Yellowstone with the girls — maybe Mount Washburn