School starts for everyone in less than two weeks, so I’m feeling summer slipping away. I’m feeling sad about having to give up my kids everyday, but also realizing that it’s time. Time for some routine, time for some space from your sister, time for some stimulation that someone other than mom needs to offer.
We just got back from a week-long trip, which I’ll catch you up on later, but for now, here’s a quick overview of July. Each of these things could probably have their own blog post, but in an attempt to catch up here’s July!
1. Trip to Sea World and Corpus Christi
2. Tackling some tasks around the house — repairing and painting the fort, remodeling the kitchen
(Before — minus the cabinet over the bar that we knocked out)
(After — new ceiling fan, counters, sink, faucet, backsplash, knobs and pulls, and fresh paint)
3. The girls both attended HSU’s Threshold. Molly’s week was about bugs and Jane Anne’s was about food science.
4. Bill and I got away without the girls for a few days on his birthday. The highlight was Dallas Arboretum’s Chihuly exhibit.
5. Our friends from Chicago came — we played cards, ate, painted pottery, roller skated, and swam. Such fun times.
6. Jane Anne got to spend the morning with a marine biologist at ACU, seeing lots of cool specimens, touching a squid’s beak, and asking lots of questions.
Overall a busy month! Lots of fun, but it flew by!