One of the things I love about being in academia is the cycle of the year. Right now there are countless meetings and things to grade and ceremonies to attend and I can get overwhelmed by how many demands there are on my time. But I know that it won’t be long until I can enjoy the lazy days of summer. Sure, I’ll have some schoolwork to do, but it will (mostly) be on my schedule.
There are 19 more times I have to take my girls to school and 12(ish) more times I have to take myself to school. I’m ready for a break for all four of us. Time to:
- Sleep in (the girls get pretty good at this)
- Stay up with the sun (but not get up with the sun)
- Read and read and read (and not grade)
- Take some trips (short and long)
- Tackle some projects around the house (like installing a pulley on the fort, which the girls have been begging for)
- Try some new recipes
- Shop the farmer’s market
- Enjoy sacred family time together
What are you counting down to?