We’re headed to Houston today for a wedding and a few fun stops along the way, but here’s what we managed to accomplish this week:
1. A bike/scooter ride around campus. (We spent a good bit of the week outside — such a treat!)
2. Made calzones, grilled burgers, baked kale chips, and tried a new recipe.
3. Sorted a lot of Legos.
4. Had a picnic on the drive way.
5. Finished more books on the hundred list (19-27)
- Joyful Noise — lovely by the way; I love that it requires two readers and that JA and I got to read it in chorus
- The Adventures of Captain Underpants — wedgie power can be laugh out loud funny
- The House a Pooh Corner — a wonderful reminder of our trip to the real Hundred Acre Wood last March
- Puss in Boots
- Martin’s Big Words
- The Mitten
- The Lion and the Mouse
- Living Sunlight: How Plants Bring the Earth to Life
- Runaway Bunny
6. Made and ate homemade ice cream.
7. Planted seeds — zinnia, lavender, snapdragons, and alyssum — Molly absolutely loves the wonder of seeds.
8. Played with dear friends.
9. Stayed in our pajamas well past lunch.
Such a wonderful, calm week. I’m mourning its end, and beginning the countdown until the long, lazy days of summer.