Here are some of the things we did this week:
1. Slept in… and then napped.
2. Brined a turkey for the first time.
3. Shared a thanksgiving meal with my parents.
4. Had a silly string fight.
5. Played Uno, Apples to Apples, and Little, Big Planet.
6. Got to see my dear friend Alyssa and her family.
7. Read for pleasure.
8. Bought our Christmas tree and decorated the house.
9. Had a candlelight dinner of pigs in blankets and sausage balls.
10. Celebrated the first Sunday in Advent.
Tomorrow we jump back into the busyness that is the end of the semester, rehearsals for the girls’ upcoming Christmas dance show, preparing for Christmas and Christmas travels, and the regular hustle and bustle of our week. The past five days, though, have been lovely, cherished family time and we face the new week renewed (if not completely ready).